Find your new home in Okemos, MIYou are viewing homes 1 to 4 of 4 homes for sale
Learn more about homes in Okemos, MI
About Okemos, MI
Named after famed Chippewa Indian Chief John Okemos, this 1850’s village on the Red Cedar River has grown into a major upscale bedroom community and regional shopping
destination. It is located near Lansing, the state capital and shares a common border with Michigan State University. Okemos, MI is well known for educational excellence
with strong parent and community support.
* Okemos High School was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a Silver Medal High School, ranking it among the top 2.9% of the nation’s high schools, with 8 National Merit Finalists. The average ACT score is 24.
* School/Match, the nation’s largest school-select consulting firm, annually names 14% of the nation’s schools as meeting the educational needs of families. Okemos schools are consistently selected as a member of that elite group.
* More than four thousand students attend 5 elementary schools, a public Montessori school (pre-primary-6th grade), two middle schools and one high school.
* The Okemos Community Education Program won the Michigan Association of Community and Adult Education “President’s Award” in recognition of “Outstanding dedication, vision and leadership.”
* Median home prices, as well as household incomes are high relative to most of the greater Lansing area.
* Okemos is a bedroom community of approximately 23,000 people.
Points of interest:
* There are several shopping malls, plazas and stores, the largest being the Meridian Mall.
* The Meridian Historical Village, the Nokomis Learning Center and Farmers Market are adjacent to the Meridian Township offices. Okemos is unincorporated and local government is provided by the Township.
* Ferguson Park, along the Red Cedar River, is thought to be the meeting place where Chief John Okemos, after whom the village is named, and the war chiefs held their pow wows. The park is part of the oldest settlement in the area.
* The Harris Nature Center is dedicated to exploring and preserving the wildlife and habitat of the Red Cedar River. The Center offers educational opportunities, special events and nature walks and a plant swap each spring and fall.
* The Township of Meridian has 20 parks covering more than 850 acres, most of them natural areas with hiking and skiing trails.
Okemos Home inventory breakdown by property type
Of the 4 homes for sale in Okemos, the breakdown of property types
is as follows:
Area details, home facts and figures
Information from in and around Okemos...
You are Viewing 1 to 4 of 4 homes for sale in Okemos. These homes are comprised of Condo. The average list price of these property results is 90,500. Prices are listed as US Dollar. For more information on these homes for sale in Okemos please contact our member brokerages to schedule a showing or view an open house.
The 4 homes for sale in Okemos, MI are represented by 1 member brokerages serving the Okemos area. Member brokerages representing the 4 homes include Real Estate One, Inc..